Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Fancy Gets Awarded



I love praise. I really don’t think I get enough. Why doesn’t H ever walk in the door and say, “Wow! Honey! The house looks fabulous. You must really be doing a good job managing the help! And a gourmet meal to boot! Holy heck!”

Or the kids. Where’s my “Oh Mommy! Thank you thank you for our gorgeous highchairs. They are so cool. And for our own seats on the airplane! Even though we technically could sit on your lap, cramming M&M’s into your pockets and kicking your drink! We feel like such big girls!”

My trainer? "It's so amazing you find time for yourself amidst the madness!" My pedicurist? "Thank goodness you have the good sense to get in here a least twice a month!" My credit card company? "Frau Fancy! We just love you! Direct debit and everything!" 

No. It's just a parade of "you gained a kilo?!" "would you like me to use the super callus remover?" and "sorry, you can't have a balance increase. Because technically it's not your income." (That last one really gets my goat if you know what I mean.)

There is the note I got from Nanny #2 this weekend, thanking me for being such a nice boss. “Don’t listen to TC. You’re not terrible!” (As if I believe my toddler’s reaction when I confiscated the remotes.) Then again, I do pay her.

So you can imagine my delight when Lou bestowed upon me The Liebster award. Seriously? I’m one of her favorite blogs with less than a 100 followers? Wow. I love popping over to Lou’s The Archers at the Larches and seeing how people with outdoor space and poultry live. And to find out that she loves me too?  Overwhelming. I’m a little choked up.

Anyway, in return, I must send similar loves and hugs to 3 of my favorite “smallish followings” blogs. I assume they have fewer than 100 followers not because they suck, because they clearly don’t or Fancy here wouldn’t be a fan. It’s because they are all newish and haven’t hit the big time yet. And if Fancy here can help, well here I go.

I Thought Those Kids Were Gonna Make It: This blog cracks me up. Short, snippy and sarcastic, these posts keep me in touch with current public romances gone bust. Are you famous, notorious or just borderline well-known? If your romance hits the rocks I know where I’ll hear about it first. Where she gets this stuff, I don’t know. But I love it. Fancy just loves a train wreck.

Cinnamon and Truffle: Fancy likes food. All the Fancies like food. So thank you to these ladies. Sisters separated by an ocean, they spend their time making Fancy drool. What really kills me is that Truffle seems to have more of a finger on the pulse of London’s food scene than I do and that hurts a little. But it gives me something to work for. And her restaurant reviews send me running for the phone. Like when she reviewed Pollen Street Social and I immediately made a reservation. The fact that I got confused and reserved us a table across the street at 5 Pollen Street, well that is just more evidence that Fancy does, indeed, need a PA.

People Don’t Eat Enough Fudge: Sarah Mac describes herself as “scatty with a pinch of madness,” and yes, that is true. Sometimes I’m laughing, other times I’m downright confused, but even that makes me giggle. In the midst of a hilarious tale of her husband getting stuck in a cupboard on their honeymoon and her tendency break/snap/sprain body parts comes the fact that her plumber is a transvestite. That alone is worth a visit.

And with that, the love has been shared. Oh, yes, I will go into more detail about Fancy’s Restaurant Confusion. It’s a goodie. But another day kids. 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! Will check out those blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, oh my and awww shucks. I am ridiculously chuffed to the extent that I've posted the fact that I got an award on FB (along with a little linky to you) THANK YOU so much Fancy, you really have made my day :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly honoured thank you for (my first) shoutout! And mazel tov to you on your very Fancy award!!! i have so few followers i have no idea why they dont shut me down! and the number isn't even a true reflection because i'm related to at least 1/3 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you Frau Fancy! Honoured to be thus awarded, and by such a well-written blog too. What a way to start the week!

    Love

    Truffle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go and check these out - always good to have recommendations, Fancy! Plus I had a gardener who was a transvestite so I can compare stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love Cinnamon & Truffle. Off to check out the others as I type...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. And you so deserve the award. Your blog is one of my faves! Plus love that you say Holey heck like me. The hugest thing is from the nanny. Honestly - that is brilliant. The only time a babysitter praised me was when we left her for 10 days (and she didn't do half of what I normally do...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nanny has got it down....she'll probably be the only one sporting a nice Christmas bonus when the holiday roll around....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for nominating lovely Sarah Mac at Fudge for your blog's award, because she nominated me! Welcome to www.postcardpam.blogspot.com (I can't get blogger to recognise the pammy signature)

    I am about to trawl your archives, gently as I think we may have stuff in common. Will get back to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nanny has got it down....she'll probably be the only one sporting a nice Christmas bonus when the holiday roll around....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, oh my and awww shucks. I am ridiculously chuffed to the extent that I've posted the fact that I got an award on FB (along with a little linky to you) THANK YOU so much Fancy, you really have made my day :-) x

    ReplyDelete