Pages

Monday 5 December 2011

Fancy's Bootstraps



So back to my story. 2.5 hours of therapy. That’s right, Fancy Therapist actually cleared his calendar for the morning. That’s what kind of attention H gets when we can actually drag him, kicking and screaming, into FT’s office.

I really don’t know why he fights it. He always comes out such a nicer husband.

Anyway, I have to tell you, I learned a lot in those two and a half hours. Yes, and now I’d like to share with you what I feel was the most important lesson gleaned from half a day on a leather sofa. Are you ready?

Apparently Fancy here should be wearing black stiletto boots at all times.

Yes. It’s true. At least when my husband is in the room.

I really had no idea. And what is worse is that ever since the Fancy Clean Out, H has been suffering in silence. I guess when I threw out my old pleather boots and failed to replace them, I did horrible damage to our marriage. Never mind that they were terribly uncomfortable. Or that I was just waiting for the Fall sales to replace them.

No, it seems that standing or walking isn’t the priority. And as FT aptly pointed out, I’m in a very fortunate position to be able to buy myself as many pairs of black boots as I possibly can stuff into my new closet.

Thank God we went for that appointment and I learned how distraught H was. I know. It breaks my heart.

So, like a good wife, I’ve been hard at work. I’m now up one pair of Jimmy Choos  and some gorgeous Alexander McQueens. Oh, and I grabbed a pair of Kenneth Cole while I was in the States. Lest I need to go muck out a barn or something. Would hate to get cow shit on real leather.

Oh, it’s hard to be a good Fancy wife.

12 comments:

  1. You are a true altruist, shoe shopping for your husband's peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely. I can see you have been very busy in my absence. Glad to see your life is as tough as ever. That FT has a lot to answer for. Now, do we get to see the ACTUAL boots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Moomsie, for recognizing a martyr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackie, you feel my pain. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, well, I will first finish my collection, then hold the photo shoot. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. FT sounds like he/she is worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not sure I could cope being a fancy wife :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Berlimey I'd love to see the look on my OH's face if I walked in wearing a pair of those. He would be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're a good wife. Chucking some money at things always works! In fact it's the American dream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All you need is a spiked collar and to crack a whip and he'll be satisfied.

    ReplyDelete